Revised: August 2023
Prism Controls, Inc. (“Prism” or “We” or “Company”) respect your privacy and are committed to protecting it through our compliance with this policy. This policy describes:
- The types of information we may collect or that you may provide when you install, register with and access or use the REACH mobile application (the “App“).
- Our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting, and disclosing that information.
This policy applies only to information we collect in this App and/or in email, text, and other electronic communications sent through or in connection with this App and any other associated sources.
This policy DOES NOT apply to information that:
- We collect offline or on any other Company apps or websites,
- You provide to or is collected by any third party (see Third-Party Information Collection).
Our websites and apps, and these other third parties may have their own privacy policies, which we encourage you to read before providing information on or through them.
Children Under the Age of 16
The App is not intended for children under 16 years of age, and we do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 16. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 16 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 16, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Information We Collect and How We Collect It
We collect information from and about users of our App:
- Directly from you when you provide it to us.
- Automatically when you use the App.
- During a tech support or other support call when you contact us for help.
Information You Provide to Us
When you download, register with, or use this App, we may ask you provide information:
- By which you may be personally identified, such as name, postal address, email address, telephone number, or ANY OTHER INFORMATION THE APP COLLECTS THAT IS DEFINED AS PERSONAL OR PERSONALLY IDENTIFIABLE INFORMATION or any other identifier by which you may be contacted online or offline (“personal information“).
- That is about you but individually does not identify you, such as usage tracking of how you access the App.
This information includes:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms in the App. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use the App, subscribing to our service and requesting further services, such as technical support. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with the App.
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses and phone numbers), if you contact us.
- Your responses to surveys that we might ask you to complete for research purposes.
- Details of transactions you carry out through the App and of the fulfillment of your orders. You may be required to provide financial information before placing an order through the App.
- Your search queries on the App.
You may also provide information for publication or display (“Posted“) on public areas of the App or websites you access through the App (collectively, “User Contributions“). Your User Contributions are Posted and transmitted to others at your own risk. Additionally, we cannot control the actions of third parties with whom you may choose to share your User Contributions. Therefore, we cannot and do not guarantee that your User Contributions will not be viewed by unauthorized persons.
Automatic Information Collection
When you download, access, and use the App, it may use technology to automatically collect:
- Usage Details. When you access and use the App, we may automatically collect certain details of your access to and use of the App, including usage logs and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on or through the App.
- Device Information. We may collect information about your mobile device and internet connection, including the device’s unique device identifier, IP address, operating system, browser type, mobile network information, and the device’s telephone number.
- Stored Information and Files. The App also may access metadata and other information associated with other files stored on your device. This may include, for example, photographs, audio and video clips, personal contacts, and address book information.
- Location Information. This App does not collect real-time information about the location of your device.
If you do not want us to collect this information do not download the App or delete it from your device.
We also may use these technologies to collect information about your activities over time and across third-party websites, apps, or other online services (behavioral tracking).
Information Collection Technologies
The technologies we use for automatic information collection may include:
- Cookies (or mobile cookies). A cookie is a small file placed on your smartphone. It may be possible to refuse to accept mobile cookies by activating the appropriate setting on your smartphone. However, if you select this setting you may be unable to access certain parts of our App.
- Web Beacons. Pages of the App and our emails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit the Company, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an email and for other related app statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain app content and verifying system and server integrity).
- Data logging within the App and on our local server.
Third-Party Information Collection
When you use the App or its content, certain third parties may use automatic information collection technologies to collect information about you or your device. These third parties may include:
- Analytics companies.
- Your mobile device manufacturer.
- Your mobile service provider.
These third parties may use tracking technologies to collect information about you when you use this app. The information they collect may be associated with your personal information or they may collect information, including personal information, about your online activities over time and across different websites, apps, and other online services websites. They may use this information to provide you with interest-based (behavioral) advertising or other targeted content.
We do not control these third parties’ tracking technologies or how they may be used. If you have any questions about an advertisement or other targeted content, you should contact the responsible provider directly.
How We Use Your Information
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information, to:
- Provide you with the App and its contents, and any other information, products or services that you request from us.
- Fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
- Give you notices about your account, including expiration and renewal notices.
- Carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection.
- Notify you when App updates are available, and of changes to any products or services we offer or provide though it.
The usage information we collect helps us to improve our App and to deliver a better and more personalized experience by enabling us to:
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our App according to your individual interests.
- Speed up your searches.
- Recognize you when you use the App.
We may also use your information to contact you about our own goods and services that may be of interest to you.
Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual or device, without restriction.
In addition, we may disclose personal information that we collect or you provide:
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates.
- To contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business and who are bound by contractual obligations to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of Prism’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by Prism about our App users is among the assets transferred.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- With your consent.
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- To enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including the App EULA, terms of sale, and for billing and collection.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of Prism Controls, our customers or others.
Your Choices About Our Collection, Use, and Disclosure of Your Information
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. This section describes mechanisms we provide for you to control certain uses and disclosures of over your information.
- Promotion by the Company. If you do not want us to use your email address or other contact information to promote our own products or services, you can opt-out by selecting the opt out link in any of those communications. You can also always opt-out by sending us an email stating your request to email@example.com
We do not control third parties’ collection or use of your information to serve interest-based advertising. However these third parties may provide you with ways to choose not to have your information collected or used in this way. You can opt out of receiving targeted ads from members of the Network Advertising Initiative (“NAI“) on the NAI’s website.
We have implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure. All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers behind firewalls.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our App, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone. We urge you to be careful about giving out information in public areas of the App like message boards. The information you share in public areas may be viewed by any user of the App.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet and mobile platforms is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted through our App. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures we provide.
or via our toll-free number:
Poultry Leaders, Prepare for Takeoff: Dive into “The Poultry Leadership Podcast”
Ready to revolutionize your leadership game? Buckle up, because Prism Controls is launching “The Poultry Leadership Podcast,” your cockpit for soaring insights, expert strategies, and inspiring stories from the industry’s top minds.
To our valued customers: Since joining PMSI a little over 18 months ago, I’ve seen tremendous change within our industry. Not the l east of which is the continued transition to cage free...
By Tim Gess In last month’s newsletter, PMSI shared the work we did to identify factors impacting Egg Count Accuracy and discussed steps that farms can take to improve the overall accuracy of...
By Tim Gess Background As the number of cage free houses have grown i n recent years, so have the challenges of capturing consistent and accurate egg counts. Initially, it wasn’t clear whether the...